Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Beret From Paris


A few weeks ago my Dad sent this beret to Emma. Before sending it he called me and told me about it. In 1955 my dad was in Paris, France. While there he bought three berets and decided that he wanted to start a collection. That collection never materialized, but he still kept the berets. He came across them not too long ago and noticed that one was quite small. He wondered if it would fit Emma, so he sent it.

I think that it is pretty nifty that Emma has a beret from Paris that is over 55 years old. That's older than me!!! It is in excellent condition and looks kind of cute on her. She wore it to a Young Women's activity where they served dinner and visited with some of the single sisters in our ward. Evidently it was a great conversation piece.

(cute photo of Emma above, but not exactly lady-like)

No comments: