Monday, March 7, 2011

Soon

Today I looked out my back window at my garden. I am ready to get my hands in the dirt. Too bad the weather is not cooperating with my desires.

I recently read a quote by Joseph F Smith that made me think. He said "Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come."

That made me take a deep breath and realize that I can be patient. Spring is coming. Slowly. Some days it seems slower than others. I saw this picture today and realized that by "Small and simple things great things come to pass..." So today while I look out my window at the dreary winter weather, I will try to remember that the trees ARE beginning to bud. The flowers ARE beginning to come back to life. The temperatures outside ARE beginning to rise. Small but great things are happening and the end is in sight.

No comments: