Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tending To The Garden

I have resumed my volunteer work again at the Mount Timpanogos Temple. I love this calling! Today it was announced that we would be pulling the flower beds next week. How sad. It is a hard thing to pull these beautiful flowers from the ground knowing that they still have a little life yet to give. If you stop and think about it, the entire cycle of replanting the beds is quite symbolic....just as every thing else is in and around the temple.

I found a quote today that I love and sums up quite well what I think about as I tend to these gardens.

"God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on the trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars" - Martin Luther

Don't you just love that? How can you ever doubt the existence of God when you carefully look at a flower? Who else could have made something so delicate, beautiful and perfect but the Master himself?

I took Emma with me up to the temple tonight to snap some photos before these flowers were taken out. I wanted to have something to look at on a cold, winter day that would lift my spirits. I think these photos will do the trick!



This picture does not do these cute little violets justice. I love how happy they look. They remind me of the faces of the many children I see each week in Primary...eagerly sitting in anticipation to see the sun (Son). Aren't they just brilliant?

1 comment:

CreatedbyKay said...

Gorgeous pictures!!!