Saturday, May 22, 2010

Surprise!

While I was in Boise, Tara decided that Emma needed to redo her bedroom and surprise me upon my return. The day after they started, Tara got sick and was unable to finish the project. So...when I returned I was certainly surprised! All of Emma's belongings aside from her bed where stacked in the hall just outside her room. They had also painted just one wall (with only the first coat) so there wasn't really any turning back. SURPRISE! Not really a project that I wanted to tackle after returning from a trip, but all in all, it has been good. Emma and I finished the painting and when Aunt Dayna heard about it, she decided to be part of it and bought Emma a complete new set of bedding. I have been spending the past couple of weeks putting everything back together. We are getting there slowly.

I decided that I wanted to do a group of picture frames above her bed with her name in them. Luckily my friend, Kelsey had one of those nifty Cricket machines and helped me cut the letters out. That little group of pictures cost me less than $3.00 to do. Not too shabby. I love a good deal! Thanks Kelsey!

I still have more projects in my mind that are slowly coming together. Hopefully I can have this room put completely back together to my satisfaction before too long. In the meantime, however, Emma is pleased with the results so far. So am I!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Were the Ms too big to go the same way as the other letters??? Oh no!!! If you want to recut them a little smaller, I can totally do it for you. I have some scraps of black paper and everything so let me know. IT looks really cute though1

Johnson Family said...

So Cute!!

Dawna said...

Kelsey, the M's were not too big. I just decided that it looked more interesting with them horizontal. Thanks for your help!