Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Emma's Rockin' Robin

Today was Barratt Elementary's end of the year celebration where all the classes dance for their families. Emma has been very excited to be dancing to Rockin' Robin this year and has been showing me her moves for weeks. About the only thing she was not too excited about was the bobby socks. (they were part of her assigned clothing) She HATED them - ha! Last night she even took Greg and I over to her school to show us EXACTLY where she would be standing for her dance, so that we could be sure to save a seat. Later last night I was talking to Marja on the phone and she mentioned to me that many people had already staked out their spots. I quickly grabbed a blanket and drove over to the school and placed it in the front row before all the good seats were taken. I have to admit I was glad I did it. Especially when I arrived this morning and saw the multitudes of people. How nice it was to just walk up to the front row and sit on my reserved seat.

Emma did a fantastic job and as she was dancing it dawned on me that I have been attending these events for 17 years. Next year will be the last...wow...hard to believe. Seems like yesterday I was at Wasatch Elementary watching Christopher in his very first dance festival grooving to the famous "Jello Dance" with his kindergarten class. Crazy...

1 comment:

Marja Liisa said...

All of the dances were very cute. Emma did a great job! I always tear up at the dance festival. It makes me realize that they are only getting older with every one. I am my mothers daughter...I saw her tearing up at the dance festival as well.