Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone! Last night Greg and I had a date with Emma and we had a wonderful time. (Josh was on a snowboarding trip with a friend for the weekend, so it was just the three of us). We went out for Chinese food and then to see "Tangled". Great movie. Probably in my top 10 of all time. Yeah...I know. I am probably the last person in the continental United States to see this movie, but hey, I have been busy. We then came home and watched some TV and Emma and I sipped sparkling grape juice from fancy glasses on my bed while Greg laid snoozing right beside us :) Emma and I called it a night around 11 pm. Yep, we did not even wait until midnight.

Last night before I went to bed, I started thinking of things that had happened this past year. I realized that my previous year was filled mainly with trips to take care of my parents. Not that that is a bad thing. I love my parents and have loved helping them any way that I can. I also realized how amazing my family is while I am away. They all seem to pitch in together and help get things done in my absence. I know that it is sometimes hard on them, but they have been very supportive. I am blessed.

I also thought about all the people who have asked me if I am sad that my children are beginning to leave home and start families of their own. My answer? No. And I don't mean that in a cold, unfeeling way. I saw a video on Mormon Messages this week that summed up my feelings nicely. It was about the New Year and comparing it to the story of Lot's wife found in the Old Testament. Don't look back. Look forward. Great things lie in front of us. I see that everyday with my children. They are beginning a journey of their own and it is exciting! Our family is growing and changing and it is exactly how Heavenly Father wants it to be.

I am anxious to see what 2011 holds for the our family. I am sure there will be trials (always are) mingled with joy and tender mercies from above. We just have to remember to look for the joy and tender mercies. That is why we are here. Yes...Life is good. Not always easy, but definitely good. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

CreatedbyKay said...

Well said....:)

CaryManda said...

"remember to look for the joy and tender mercies..."
love it Dawna Mae! Love yoU!