Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!

For my birthday many months ago, my kids bought me paint to re-do my kitchen. You might think this is rather strange, but honestly, this is what I told them I wanted. Happy to see they actually listened to me! I have had the supplies since the end of August, but have honestly just not had the time. Between taking care of my parents, a new church calling, holidays and a little bit of everyday life, it has just not been a top priority.

During the Christmas season I sat down to write up a list for my kids to go shopping. While doing this I looked around my kitchen and put my list aside and picked up my paintbrush instead. Much more fulfilling :) I still do not have it complete, but I am slowly getting there. I paint a wall whenever I get the chance. The walls are finally done and I today I moved on to the trim. At this rate I will be done just in time for Christmas next year. My next project? Stripping and refinishing my kitchen table to match my newly painted kitchen. That may be complete by New Years of next year as well, but hey, at least I have goals.

Below is a pic of the mud room just off the kitchen. I will posts pictures of the actual kitchen when I actually get it complete :) In the meantime I am showing these because Dayna requested pictures of the color...Just for you, Dayna!



1 comment:

Marja Liisa said...

Congratulations Dawna...It looks good!