Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Quick Update

I have not had the time lately to sit and really update about to many things. Today I am making time. Here is a bit of what we have been up to...

1. Painting/Primary. That would be me. Soon the painting part will be over if I could just sit down and focus for an entire day. Silly really. This project has taken far too long, but I have to say, it is looking really good. I plan to finish the trim/bead board today. That is if my phone could stop ringing. When my dad was here he could not believe how many phone calls our home received in a 24 hour period of time. It is a little nuts.

2. Soccer. That would be Emma. We have signed her up on an indoor soccer team to get all her excess energy out. It seems to be making a small dent. Indoor soccer is actually really fun to watch and moves a lot faster than outdoor. She is loving it and they have won all their games. Their next game is Monday morning at 6:10 am. Yep, that's not a typo. Who schedules a game at 6:10 am for an 11 year old girl??? Let's just say that I plan to literally climb out of bed, throw on some clothes, wash my face and head out the door. It's a good thing I love that gal...

3. Football. Monday night was the big BCS championship game and our home was divided. Greg is from Alabama, thirty minutes outside of Auburn and I was raised in Oregon. I honestly did not care who won, but had to mix it up a bit. All day long whenever I talked to Greg I would just say "Quack, Quack"...it was making him crazy. Ha! I love that kind of stuff. All the kids came over for dinner that night and we had a great FHE. We made chicken and steak tacos and Greg actually braved the cold and grilled the meat outside in the 14 degree weather. He must have really wanted those tacos :) Austin, Emma and I were the only one rooting for Oregon, but oh well...it was fun "stirring the pot" a bit and making Greg crazy :) Unfortunately, I was so busy enjoying myself that I forgot to take any pictures. Bummer.

4. Josh is looking at colleges still. He is torn between BYU Idaho and UVU. He really wants to go to BYU Idaho, but kind of wants to stay home and save money. He also wants to be here to attend all the missionary farewells for many of his friends. I can't believe that he is a senior! Where has the time gone? It seems like yesterday I was in the ER with him getting a wheel from his Matchbox car out of his nose...

5. Taking a trip to Boise. That is me, again. My mom called me Sunday and has decided that she is wanting me to come back up and help her some more. We booked a flight for the first week in March. Dayna and Peter will be out of town, so I will help mom and also keep an eye of little Pete and the dog. I am actually kind of looking forward to it. Mom and I always have a really good time.

That is about it. Nothing too exciting, but I still wanted to record it.

No comments: