Monday, November 29, 2010

Heading Home

Tomorrow I leave to take my dad back home. What a crazy couple of months I have had. I was talking to Greg the other day and realized that this all began on October 3rd when I went to Boise to take care of my mom for her back procedure and I will be returning home from Astoria on December 3rd...exactly two months later.

I would love to say that I have been strong and not murmured at all during this experience, but that would be lying. I have shed many tears and dropped from exhaustion into bed many times throughout these past few weeks. Greg has listened patiently to me as well as my mom and sister. It has not been easy, but it has been soooo worth it. If asked again, I would do it again without hesitation. Crazy...I know. But what can I say? I love my parents and would do anything for either of them.

I know that one day I will look back and be so grateful for all that we have experienced together since that awful day I flew into Astoria to take care of him. I will miss staying up late watching movies, football, basketball and just talking. I will miss our "art session" of painting & drawing. I will miss just driving in the car together with the quiet comfort of just being together and not speaking any words. I will miss making him his meals and reminding him to check his blood sugar levels three times a day. I will miss his cats...well at least one of them ;) I will miss helping him put his coat on each day and taking him shopping. I will miss his stories. I will miss watching him shuffle along and waiting for him to catch up to me. I will miss eating milkshakes together at 10 pm at night and loving every sip of it. I will probably miss just about everything about these past few months and my home will soon feel very quiet and empty. How grateful I am for memories :)

I told Greg that after I arrive home on Friday evening I plan to come home, put on my jammies and stay in them until church late Sunday morning. Yes, I am very tired, but not too tired to be grateful. Thanks dad for letting me help you out :)

1 comment:

CreatedbyKay said...

What a wonderful daughter you are to your parents. They are lucky to have you!