Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Quiet and Simple



These past few weeks I have not had much time to myself. Anyone that knows me realized that I love my daily walks. With my dad needing my care, I have not really had many walks lately and I miss them. While on my walks I do a lot of thinking and clearing my mind. It is great therapy for me. I miss my "Be Still" time.

When I was in Astoria with my dad I spent a couple of hours by myself driving around the old countryside by my childhood farm. I stopped the car at one point and got out. There is nothing quite like quiet in the country. All I could hear were cows mooing periodically...nothing else. Nothing. It was wonderful. When I got out of the car the stillness really had a impact on me. Having lived in a city for the past couple of decades I had not realized how noisy it really is. I all at once realized how much I miss the sound of "quiet". It was very soothing. It made life focus into perspective once again.

The pictures above is of a farm I used to ride my bike past many times as a child. I love the simple country life. I have told my mom many times that I am just a simple country girl and I really do not need a lot of fluff in my life. I like simple. That day as I stood looking at this barn I realized once again how much my heart aches to embrace the simple things in life. Simple things like quiet all around me...clean air to breathe...appreciating God's creations...family to love and be loved by...simple yet important things.

1 comment:

Yanceyfam said...

I love my quiet times too. I would be willing to come and visit with your dad in the mornings so you could get a walk. I remember my mom taking care of her mom and my dad's parents. It's good to get out for a while.