Friday, November 5, 2010

A Friend

Over a year and a half ago, Emma had me help her submit a story to "The Friend" magazine. She wanted to share a story for the "Trying To Be Like Jesus" section. I had her write it, then I edited it, snapped a photo of her to submit with the story and then uploaded it into internet land. We looked for months to see if it was to be published with no luck. We actually had forgotten about it until the other day.

Emma received a phone call from a cousin telling her that there was a picture of her and a story in "The Friend" magazine for November 2010. Surprise! It finally showed up! She was excited and it was kind of funny to see how much she has changed since the picture was taken. I guess good things really do come to those who wait :)

(I tried to link and copy the page from online at lds.org with no luck...oh well...)

2 comments:

CreatedbyKay said...

How exciting! We don't take the friend anymore (no more kiddies at our house)so when you get it post it on your blog I want to see it.

Whitney Parry said...

I just looking it up at the website. So cute! PS. I saw her at Val's reception. She is so grown up!