Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Beautiful Sight!

A couple of weeks ago when Greg and I visited Astoria, we spent a day in Portland with my dad and Mark. As we were crossing a bridge, Mark pointed out the blossoming trees across the river and the GREEN, GREEN, grass surrounding them. Now keep in mind that when we left Utah, there was snow on the ground. This site was simply breathtaking! Greg quickly snapped a picture (through the window of the car) and although it is not the best, you can kind of get the idea.

Don't you just love spring? It seems that this year I have been looking forward to spring more than usual. It has been a rough winter for me and I am not really sure why. For some reason the dark, cold, gray days really got to me. Perhaps this northwest girl is slowly becoming a Utahn after all --NOT.

I really love spring and all the symbolism that it brings. Everything around us testifies of rebirth. The flowers, trees, birds...everything in nature is becoming alive again. I have been thinking a lot about that in the past week. I have thought a lot about the creation of the earth. Isn't it wonderful that Heavenly Father gave us flowers? He did not have to, but He did. They do not really serve a practical purpose (although some ARE edible), yet sometimes when I am having a bad day, just seeing a flower can make me smile. How grateful I am for the simple things in life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.