Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Prom 2010


Saturday night Josh went to his high school prom with a group of boys from our ward. I thought it was great that three of these boys were in our ward and all wanted to go together. From the report Josh provided to me, it sounds as though it was a great evening.

I believe it was the evening before that they guys finally decided on what activity to do for their day date. They had a great idea, but it needed just a little bit of tweaking. They wanted to go on a hike and have a picnic - love it! However when I questioned what they would take on the picnic, Josh told me "peanut butter and jelly sandwiches". I had to remind him that he was going on an actual date, not to preschool. He finally agreed to get a footlong sub from Subway ($5.00). Much better.

The big evening finally arrived and Josh looked pretty great all decked out in his tux. McKay's sisters had planned to cook dinner for the group and I heard that they did a great job. All of my children have told me that they would much rather go to dinner at someone's home than go stand in a line at a restaurant. It just seems so much more enjoyable. Jenni and Tara still talk about the prom they went to were the grandparents of one of the boys cooked and served for them. They absolutely loved it!

The only really bad thing that happened the entire evening was the pictures. Evidently not one of the boys found out when the school was providing a photographer for the dates. In translation this means that they ended up not getting any professional pictures. I guess the photographer was there from 5-6 pm. Okay...who planned this? Aren't most kids either getting ready for the big night or already at dinner somewhere? Wouldn't it have made better sense to have the photographer there around 9pm - you know, when the main onslaught of kids are at the dance? Thankfully the Jermans took pictures after the dance. Hopefully I will soon have some copies in my possession to share. In the meantime, Teri Sue did her magic and provided me with this. Thanks Teri Sue!

No comments: