Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Leaving Home

This past Monday evening we had a "Goodbye Dinner" for Jenni & Cordell for Family Home Evening. We had a great night of food and company. Everyone was here with the exception of Christopher & Samantha who were in California visiting Christopher's old mission.

When Jenni first told me about this opportunity I have to admit that I was really reluctant. I was not sure if she was really ready to be on her own...completely alone and a state away. Of all my children, Jenni has always been the one that has needed me just a little but more. I am not really sure why. Even as a small child, that was the case. Greg and I have often said that Jenni takes "baby steps" in life. I guess I just did not really see this giant step coming. Funny how when Christopher and Tara married, I never even worried about them. I knew they would be just fine. Both of them have always been so independent and pretty much "soared" away from the nest. I guess each of these spirits really are unique.

When Jenni and Cordell eventually made their final decision to go and Jenni told me about it, I felt such a strong feeling of warmth. I KNEW that they were making the right decision. That has been such a comfort to me. I know that Cordell will be right with her, but moms still worry. I am actually kind of experiencing similar feelings that I had when Christopher left on his mission. Sad and happy at the same time. I am sad because a large chapter in my life is closing, yet happy because I know she is doing the right thing. Watching my children leave one by one has been an interesting journey. While I am happy to see them each progress and move forward, I am also grateful that I have two more children still at home...at least for now.



Cordell, Jenni and Emma
Cordell, Jenni with Grandpa W and Grandma W
Tara and Austin

No comments: