Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Eve 2010

Last night we had the opportunity to experience the "House of Wirtz"...at least that is what I am now going to call it. Actually we (Greg and I) were invited to the Wirtz's for dinner. Mark was stuck in Portland because of President's Day weekend and so they invited Lezlie along as well. We really had a great time. I had heard many rumors about Bishop Wirtz's fantabulous cooking, but wow...I was not prepared for what my taste buds encountered! It was incredible...much better than dinner at a restaurant. Greg and I both came home completely stuffed and even this morning I have no desire to eat anything. I think I may be good until Friday :) Thank you Jeff & Deanna for the great evening of food and company. It was wonderful!

Tara and Austin went away for their first Valentine's Day weekend together. It is strange not to have heard from her in a couple of days, but oh well...they are growing up. Christopher and Sam spent yesterday together as well. I am sure they all had a great weekend.

Jenni and Cordell had a three part Valentine's Day celebration. Friday was dinner, a carriage ride around temple square complete with Mt Dew in champagne glasses and Jr. Mints. After Cordell took Jenni to Barnes & Noble and told her to pick out a book. When I asked her why she told me that he wants her to start reading more. Ha! I love that kid! They were meeting last night for part 2...haven't heard a report yet so I really can't report anything. I do know that Cordell's parents are having a Valentine dinner tonight and that will be part 3. I hope she had a great time. I am sure I will be hearing all about it later tonight.

Josh spent last night at Sadie Hawkins. I fell asleep before he arrived home, so I have yet to get the details. However, when I got up this morning there was a marriage certificate and ring sitting on the kitchen table. Hmmmm...perhaps they went to Vegas???

Emma spent the evening with her good friend, Ashley, while we went to the Wirtz's. I almost forgot that I needed a place for her to go. It is rare that I don't have at least one babysitter here. When I finally realized that she was going to be alone, I actually kind of panicked. Thankfully Ashley's family was willing to have her come by for a few hours. She is old enough to stay her by herself, but I know she would have been freaking out a bit. And I would have been worried about her the whole time.

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! Give those people you love a big hug!!!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

What a fun family you have! And I love that you have Michael Buble in your music player thing. That first song is one of my favorites!