Wednesday, February 3, 2010

She Knows He Lives

A couple of days ago I was playing the piano. Emma and her friend, Casey happened to be in the same room with me working on a project for school. I started to play the new song that we are learning in Primary called "I Know That My Savior Loves Me". As I began to play this song, Emma and Casey both started to sing the words. This alone made me smile. But there was more... I was still playing the song when I heard Emma tell Casey "This is my favorite part of the song". That caught my attention and I looked to see what part of the song this was. The words said:

I did not touch Him or sit on His knee,
But Jesus is real to me

After we had finished the song, I turned to Emma and asked her why that was her favorite part. She quickly replied "Because I have not touched Him or sat on His knee, but I know He's real."

That really got me. Wow. You can see why these little spirits were saved for this period of time on the earth. What insights they have. I know that when I was her age I may have felt something while singing the song, but I would not have been able to verbalize or quite understand it.

As my friend Deanna would say...that was my "flower" for the day.




2 comments:

Yanceyfam said...

Wow! I have goose bumps. What a sweet girl!

Amy said...

Wow--I was just blog-surfing and I read this--I got God bumps--that is so awesome!!