Thursday, February 11, 2010

Signs That Spring Is Coming

For anyone that reads my blog regularly, it comes as no surprise to hear me say that I am soooo ready for Spring this year. It has been a long, cold winter for me and I really want to feel those 100 degree days again. Awwww...to sit by the pool and sip lemonade, to feel the kiss of a sunburn on my shoulders and to have nights when the sun goes down AFTER 9 pm...doesn't it sound heavenly?

Well....I am very happy to proclaim that Spring is on it's way! On my walk yesterday I found four items of evidence that I would love to share.

1. People running/walking outside without jackets. I know...this seems small, but I can attest to the fact that it has actually been warm enough outside to only wear a t-shirt while exercising. That is something that we could not say just a few weeks ago.

2. Birds singing!!! Not just chirping while looking for food, they were actually SINGING. Music to my ears :)

3. People outside working in their yards. I have yet to hear a lawn mower fire up, but hey, it is still February.

4. (This one is the best one yet...) Pansies blooming in flowerbeds. Now these are not freshly planted pansies, but rather flowers planted last fall that are coming back to life after a miserably cold winter. I saw them on my walk and can I just tell you what joy filled my soul? To actually see a flower. It brought a smile to my face.

As Barry Manilow says..."Looks like we made it!" Winter almost complete :)

1 comment:

jolly arora said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.