Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Another School Dance

Last night we received a very loud knock at our door around 7pm. My first thought was "this is Family Home Evening night, who would be knocking at our door?" Josh ran to open it and to his surpirse this is what he found. He has been asked to another girl's choice dance. The note with the fishies said "Of all the fishes in the sea, I want you to go to the dance with me!" Very cute and he was excited to be asked by such a cute girl but here is my question.......Whatever just happened to asking a date to a dance with a phone call? None of this fancy, pancy stuff that takes just way too much thought, money and energy?

Our kids have been asked to dances in some very creative ways...Bails of hay on the doorstep, pizza's delivered with incrypted messages, gallons of ice cream, cold cereal, large bags of popcorn (okay-that one was very cute!) that have to be rifled through to find who the prospecitve date actually is and the list goes on and on. AND to top it all off, we have to ANSWER in the same creative fashion. I have to admit that we have come up with some doosies. I think my favorite and easist answer we did was this:

Jenni had been asked with a bale of hay plopped on the doorstep with a sign stapled to a stick that read "Hay! Will you go to the dance with me?" We promptly loaded the hay into the Epedition and drove it to the young man's home and dropped it on HIS doorstep with a new sign that said "Hay'll Ya!" Okay...maybe that is boarderline swearing and that was a bad thing to teach Jenni, but it was easy and the boy loved it. (After re-reading this I think I am doing way too much justification and need to repent-whoops!)

So...if anyone out there has any fresh ideas on how to answer Josh's date, please share!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.