Monday, February 8, 2010

Talapia Parmesan


I love fish! However, my family really doesn't. My sister in law found this great recipe and after introducing it to my family I have some converts! It is easy and tastes amazing. I thought it was certainly worth sharing. Give it a try, maybe your family will be swayed too. (I found this recipe and picture posted on the blog "My Sister's Cafe"...check them out. They must have thought the recipe was really worth sharing as well. My sister in law originally found the recipe at allrecipes.com-another great site)

Tilapia Parmesan


1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (fresh, not the Kraft kind)
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 T mayonnaise
2 T fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp celery salt
2 lbs tilapia fillets
Juice of 2 lemons

Preheat broiler. Grease broiling pan or line with foil. In a small bowl, mix together Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Season the cheese mixture with basil, pepper, onion powder, and celery salt. Mix well and set aside. Arrange fillets in a single layer on prepared pan. Sqeaze the juice from two lemons over fillets and sprinkle with fresh ground pepper. Broil a few inches form the heat for 2-3 minutes. Flip fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove from oven and cover with Parmesan cheese mixture. Broil for 2 more minutes or until topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Do not overcook the fish. Serve immediately.

No comments: