Thursday, February 25, 2010

Another Trip...

Last night I received a phone call from my brother, Mark. He was in Portland, Oregon and informed me that he had just visited with my Dad and said that Dad is ready to have me fly back out to help him with some more things. He then told me that he wants me to come a week from Sunday...Holy cow! I just returned from Idaho helping my mom and visiting with Dayna. I feel like I have traveled non-stop since the end of January, but I am coming to realize that this is what this stage of my life is going to be like.

The good news is that Dad wants me to help him set his art studio back up! That means that he is feeling good enough to start painting and working on his bronzes once again...Yipee! I am excited to get him going and give him something productive to do each day. While I was talking to Mark we realized that I would not be able to physically move everything into that room by myself and that I would need some help. Mark came up with the idea of having Greg come with me so that he can hang the light fixtures and move the big tables etc. What a great idea! I usually am not able to have Greg come because of the logistics of kids...namely Emma. So...I got on the phone and made some quick arrangements for Emma and within a matter of minutes had everything figured out. Everything just fell into place. Jenni is going to help with Emma as well as Marja, the Freitas' and the Eggett's. Josh will be fine as long as Jenni is here at night. The only thing that worries me about Josh is that he will have free reign of the car. I have half a mind to secretly write down the mileage while we are gone just to see what happens :) S.C.A.R.Y!!! I just hope I have a car to come home too-EKKK!

So...not only do I get to go visit with my father again, but I also get a "mini get-away" with my husband -- cool. I can't really remember the last time that just Greg and I went to Oregon together...maybe our honeymoon???

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

That sounds wonderful. Have a great time!