Sunday, August 7, 2011

Not Myself

Today I had a bad day. Not sure why, but I was really not feeling like my usual self. I was in charge of Sharing Time and I woke up a stress case. Once again, not sure why. I had it planned and ready to go...all I had to do was show up and talk. If only it had been that easy...

Junior Primary Sharing Time was not so great, but I finally managed to pull it together by the time Senior Primary rolled around. Even with all my preparation, I found myself having some problems. My heart was flopping around like it used to a few years ago. Not the nervous kind of flopping, but rather the something is wrong with my heart kind of flopping. I have had these problems in the past, but today is the first time in a long time that I felt that strange feeling coming on. Thankfully, I was able to manage it and keep it all under control. Now I am just wiped out and don't want to move from my bed. Ever.

Here is how my day in Primary started:

As I was setting up the Primary room I suddenly realized that I had forgotten over 1/2 of my Sharing Time at home...not like me, at all. I had to go home and get it. Then I went into what I thought was the ladies room and found myself in the men's room....seriously, what is my problem? NEVER had done that before. I then took my list of things to do into the library with me and forgot things, THREE TIMES and had to keep going back--even with a list to remind me. And when it came time to start Primary, I actually felt faint. I thought for sure I was going to topple over at any moment. I even found myself having trouble putting sentences together. My thoughts were all over the place and I had a really hard time focusing on anything. Weird stuff. I am not sure what is going on, but I really don't like it.

I have not been feeling like myself for the past week. I am beginning to wonder if something is wrong with me physically. I just feel out of whack and can't seem to put my finger on it. I don't feel sick like the flu, just not right. Thursday I woke up, went for my usual walk, came home and did some chores and found myself completely exhausted by 10 am. What in the world??? Friday and Saturday were fine, and today is another bad day.

Here's to tomorrow and hoping that I can get back on track and feel normal for more than two days in a row....After all, I have a trip to Boise to take on Friday morning and a house to help Dayna move. I hope I can pull myself together by then...

3 comments:

CreatedbyKay (Kay Norman) said...

Maybe all the stress has caught up with you - take care of yourself first. It's hard to do when your a mom. I wish you the best!

Gina said...

It could be a mixture of stress and fasting. I had a stressful week last week, had to teach R.S. today and then with fasting yesterday I wasn't feeling well at all. Even today I'm still feeling week and not normal.

Dawna said...

Gina, I was wondering if fasting could have caused me to feel yucky. I am sorry you had a bad day too. I am looking forward to seeing you and the family in a couple of weeks! Have fun at girl's camp :)