Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Josh's Big Day(s)

Yesterday was Josh's 18th birthday. Holy cow, where did the time go?

This past week he FINALLY completed his Eagle project. This project was all he had left to do for quite some time and he just never did it. Merit badges were done, advancements complete and the project had been approved. All he needed was motivation. I guess he finally found that a couple of
weeks ago.

For his project, he made a desk that was handicapped-accessible for a teacher that had fallen off a roof a couple of years ago.

For some strange reason, the school district had not accommodated him and he could not even get his wheelchair under the desk. Josh made one that he can easily use now. This project took almost 120 hours to complete---WOW. Many people stepped in and helped a great deal. I am happy to have this crossed off our to-do list and now I have a Court of Honor to prepare. I can handle that :)

With Josh turning 18 I have been thinking a lot lately how quiet our home will be one year from now when he leaves on his mission. I think one of the things I will miss most will be listening to him play the piano. He really has a gift and a beautiful touch.

Happy (late) Birthday Josh! I hope that this year is your best one ever :)

No comments: