Thursday, August 11, 2011

His Big Day -- Late




We finally were able to have a family celebration of Josh's 18th birthday last night. Finally.

I can't believe how hard it has become to get everyone gathered. I finally just picked a date and said come if you can, and if you can't, sorry.

Fortunately, everyone was able to drop by throughout the night...not all at the same time, but hey, we take what we can get.

Josh has been whining to me lately telling me how he was the only child who did not get a decorated birthday cake each year. So not true. Why do children seem to have selective memories? I decorated cakes for all of them, EVERY YEAR. Anyway, because he was feeling so picked on, I decided to make him a kiddy cake to make up for all those lost memories he can't seem to find. I went with a jungle theme because when he was small he was OBSESSED with
The Lion King. Notice the pond for the gator and the cave for some other critters...
I got a little carried away ;) I even placed "Simba" on top of pride rock hahahaha...good stuff.

Not my best work, but we all got a good laugh :) Tara also made a gluten-free cake for her and Greg to chow on. I had some of that one and I have to say it was actually quite tasty. Thanks Tara :)

Happy Birthday Joshers!!! Love ya :)







No comments: