Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Conquering Her Fears


Monday was a great day for Emma.
It wasn't too shabby for me either ;)

She was VERY nervous at the thought of going to junior high.
Freaked out actually.
If you happen to know Emma, you realize that
very little in this world freaks that child out.

Sunday night came and we had planned on
having Greg give her a blessing to help
her calm her nerves.

But since Greg was sick with a bucket close by,
we decided that this was not a good idea. He will give her one when he gets better :)

So...Emma and I said a little prayer together before she headed out the door.

When she came home later in the afternoon, the first thing she said to me was
"I LOVE 7TH GRADE!!!"
Haha...that girl. I knew she would be fine :)

Unfortunately, in all the drama of her fears that first morning of school,
I forgot to take a picture of her.

So...here is Emma on her SECOND day of school. Second days are good too--right?

Funny Fact: Emma and her best friend, Casey, have different bus stops. I pass Casey's stop every morning on my walk, so Emma now walks with me to Casey's stop where I drop her off so they can spend a few minutes together before school begins. (They don't have any classes together and wanted to visit with each other each day)
This picture was taken on the way to that bus stop this morning. I remembered that I still had not taken her picture while we were walking, so I pulled out my cell phone and took a quick picture of her.

Go conquer the world Em! Love ya :)


No comments: