Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Night to Remember

This past weekend I have been in Boise visiting my mom. I decided to take Emma with me and she invited her best friend, Casey. The girls begged me to let them go to Roaring Springs water park yesterday. I caved, and we dropped them off when the gates opened at 11 am. They called us throughout the day to let us know that they were safe. We picked them up at 7 pm and they were both wiped out...happy, but wiped out.

Surprisingly, neither of them was too sun burned. Casey had some rosey cheeks, but other than that, they seemed okay. The girls crashed around 10:30 last night in their "beds" on the floor of my mom's living room floor. At midnight I was suddenly awakened by Emma. She came into my room and in a rather frantic voice told me that Casey was throwing up. Great. I quickly went out to the living room and yep, Emma was right...Casey was throwing up. I got her into the bathroom and near a toilet while I surveyed the damage to my mom's carpet. It was not good. I decided that I needed to wake my mom to find out where some rags and buckets were located. When I told her what was going on, we both started laughing uncontrollably. The situation really was not that funny, but we could not help ourselves.

Anyone that really knows me realizes that I have a really weak stomach and a serious gag reflex. Greg has always been the one to clean up after the kids when the stomach flu comes near our home. I just can't handle it. Well...Greg was 300 plus miles away, my mom was in no condition to clean the mess, Casey was hung over a toilet and Emma had already found my bed, so that left me. I said a silent prayer that somehow I would be able to manage and then asked my mom for a pair of latex gloves, snapped them on and then found a mask to wear to hide the smell. Oh how funny I looked cleaning up that mess. My mom and I were both laughing the entire time. I wish we had thought to pull out the camera. We finally got everything under control around 1 am. We decided that Casey had been dehydrated from being in the sun all day. We had sent water bottles with the girls, but neither of them used them. We all went back to bed and everyone slept peacefully the rest of the night. Remember the General Conference talk..."Come what may and love it..." There was nothing else we could do.

1 comment:

Marja Liisa said...

That is funny!!! I can handle the smell if it is my own kids...but anyone else's is a different story. I had an experience similar to that with my nephew a couple of weeks ago. Yucky!!!