Saturday, June 12, 2010

She's Back...For The Weekend

This past Wednesday I received a phone call from a very sad Jenni. She has been extremely homesick and could not take it anymore. She moved to California for the summer to run the office for a company that Cordell is selling for. She is the only girl in this group and is dying from lack of female interaction. She is pretty much by herself 90% of the time and was going crazy. Cordell felt really bad for her and on Thursday announced that she needed to book a flight home (compliments of Cordell) and go see her family and "go do whatever girls do".

So...on Thursday Jenni came home! She is here until Sunday afternoon and has been having a great time since she arrived. I picked her up from the airport and when we arrived back home the first thing she had me do was drive her up to Val's (her best friend since 8th grade). They spent the rest of the day and evening together doing "girly" stuff.

Last night she wanted everyone in the family to come over for dinner. It was really nice having everyone under one roof again...that is everyone except Cordell. Next time! Jenni and Cordell are returning July 16th for a week for Cordell's sister's wedding. I think Jenni should be able to manage a few more weeks of being alone until then. I think this little visit has been very good for her. She came and sat on my bed Thursday night after being with Val and told me "I already miss Cordell and want to go back" Ha! Maybe this trip put everything into perspective :)

No comments: