Monday, June 21, 2010

Kisses From Kai

Yesterday while I was in Primary I was sitting next to cute little Kai during singing time. His father passed away a little over a year ago in Iraq. He is 6 and very shy, but seems to have taken a liking to me. I really love this boy. Out of the blue he turned to me and said "I gave my dad a kiss for Father's Day that went all the way to heaven."

As he told me this he was smiling bigger than I have ever seen him smile. I smiled back at him and told him that his was the best gift of all. I then continued to think about what he had just said to me. I began to get teary thinking of that dear boy and what a great mom he has to make him see this day in such a positive light. We then began to sing a new song "I See The Savior Smiling". This got me even more. I love that I can go to Primary and feel the spirit just as strong, if not stronger than if I was in Relief Society or Young Women's. I have no doubt in my mind that the Savior was smiling down on Kai when he saw that pure, innocent, sweet little boy blow that kiss to heaven.

1 comment:

Marja Liisa said...

I adore that kid. He is so cute...and knowing how shy he is it makes it even more treasurable when he smiles and talkes to you.