Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Rainbows and Mickey


Early this morning, Dayna sent me this picture of her gazebo in her backyard. She told me they had a thunderstorm come through Boise last night and after it passed she looked out her window and saw this awesome rainbow. Beautiful! She instantly grabbed her camera and snapped this photo.

I have also been wanting to do a post about Dayna's backyard. She has been working on it for quite some time now and it is almost complete. She tore up all the grass in the back, had her hubby build her this gazebo for her birthday and had me on the hunt for the numerous Disney characters that she has around the pathway. She is a NUT about anything Disney. You can't really tell, but the seven dwarfs line the path and at the gazebo there is a bird bath that has Tinkerbell sitting on the ledge. The gazebo also has a weather vane on top that is none other than Mickey Mouse. The lights around the roof of the gazebo are even Mickey ears...ha! She loves roses and found some roses that are named after Disney princesses..."fairest one of them all" and some others that I can't remember the names of. That girl is funny. Someday I will have to do a post about her car. I like to call it her Mickey Mobile. She has it decked it in everything Mickey. She even told me once that when she feels sad, she goes to Google Earth and types in the address for Disneyland and "walks" down mainstreet....okay, that is a little over the top. Her purse is has Mickey Mouse on it, her wallet, her phone - Her ring-tones are even Disney songs. When her husband, Peter, calls it starts to sing "Someday My Prince Will Come" - Ha! When I visit her in the next week or so I will have to take pictures of all her Mickey garb. Very entertaining stuff.

1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

Missy would love her place.