Saturday, November 26, 2011

Kai

Last Sunday one of my former Primary class children was visiting his grandmother, who happens to be in our ward. His name is Kai and he moved to Logan a couple of months ago. His father died in Iraq and he is the oldest of two boys in his family. I just love this little guy. He is VERY shy and often can go most of the Sunday without saying a word. Just a sweet and pure little boy.

After Primary he came up to me and gave me the BIGGEST hug. After the hug, he simply said "I have really missed you." Melt my heart. I almost cried right then and there, but I managed to hold it together. From teaching him for an entire year in Primary previous to this calling, I knew that this was a big deal for him to not only say, but to show. I was finally able to tell him that I had really missed him too. We talked for a few more minutes and then he smiled and waved and then was off with his mom. Thanks, Kai for making my day :)