Saturday, November 12, 2011

Passed Over Again

I flew home from Boise last Thursday. I always laugh when I go through security at the airport. I know most people get frustrated with all the rigors we have to go through just to get to the gate, but for some reason, I have not had that frustration.

Since 9/11 and all the new securities at airports have been put into place, I have been on numerous airplanes flying to Oregon and Boise to take care of my parents. In all the times that I have had to go through security, I have only been either "patted down" or had the "body scan" once. Every other time I am told to just walk on through.

Last Thursday was no exception. As I was standing in line I began to notice that the security people were having everyone go through the body scanner. There were about 40 people in front of me and as I turned around I noticed about the same amount behind me. I was thinking, this will be the time that I will be scanned...it has finally caught up to me.

As I approached the front of the line and watched the people in front of me go through the scanner, the security man stopped and looked at me. After a few moments, he said "Come this way with me", so I did. He took me over to the side and opened a little gate and said "Go on through". I went through a metal detector and that was it. I looked behind me and saw him close the gate and go back to shuffling everyone else through the body scanner. I sat and watched for a while and noticed that he did not let anyone pass by...just me. No one in front of me went the way I did either. Just me.

This happens on a regular basis. Wierd, huh? I am not sure what this means, but it makes me laugh. For some reason I must not look too threatening. I am probably jinxing myself by posting this and now I will be picked every time for the full body scan, but for now I am just smiling.

No comments: