Sunday, November 6, 2011

Tender Mercies

This past week Dayna and my mom came to Utah for a visit. I came home with them to help my mom and we arrived in Boise yesterday around 4 pm. At 8 pm last night my mom had some physical problems that lead us to the ER. Fortunately, we did not have to admit her and we both came home around 11:30 pm.

It is amazing to see how Heavenly Father sends tender mercies into our lives. My mom could have had problems on the drive home, but she didn't. If she had, I really do not know what we would have done. It really could have been BAD. Thankfully her problems did not start until AFTER we had returned home - AFTER we had gone to the store for food and AFTER we had both had a short nap that enabled both of us to be rested after a long drive and ready for the long night at the hospital. Tender mercies...

I am also thankful that my mom felt prompted that I should return with her and that my family stepped up and helped out in my absense. If I had not been here, Dayna would have been wiped out when she returned to work on Monday morning and my mom would have been here alone. Another tender mercy...

And...my mom and I had a moment of uncontrollable laughter at the ER. It is not something that I will go into detail about, but it is something that we will always remember and giggle about (a lot) for the rest of our lives. Actually, we are still laughing about it this morning hahaha. Isn't it wonderful that Heavenly Father gave us the ability to laugh? Life would be entirely too stressful without the ability to smile.

I love that even though life is hard and sometimes downright discouraging, there is always something to be grateful for. I love tender mercies :)

No comments: