Thursday, November 3, 2011

Grandpa's Barn


Yesterday was my mom's birthday. I decided to draw her a picture this year for her present since she has just about anything she wants. When mom's get to be 76 years old, they become difficult to shop for :)

This barn is the barn she milked cows in as a child. I love it. I remember seeing it many times as a little girl when we would go to Skamokawa to visit my grandparents. It is no longer standing, which makes me kind of sad. Last June when we visited the northwest, we stopped there and walked around the collapsed remains of the barn. Hard to believe that something that used to be so grand and immense is gone. I decided then that I was going to draw it to record it for my mom. I gave it to her yesterday on her big day and she seemed to like it :) Happy Birthday, mom!

2 comments:

Marja Liisa said...

That is an amazing picture Dawna! You have a real talent. Way to go!

Kelsey said...

It's so beautiful! You're amazing (in so many ways)!