Friday, October 28, 2011

Gathering, Eating, Laughing


c

Monday evening we finally were all able to get together for Christopher's birthday dinner. Holy cow, is it getting to be a headache to find a time when everyone's schedule can work.

Being the health nut that he is, Chrisotopher did not want a birthday cake or any kind of dessert for his birthday. However, I decided the rest of us should not have to suffer because of his healthy lifestyle and made homemade doughnuts - ha.

I recently obtained my Grandma G's famous doughnut recipe and decided to try it out. They turned out just like I remembered them as a child...yummy :)

After dinner Grandpa W decided that he wanted to wrestle with Christopher. Serious? The man just got out of the hospital from a heart-attack. He just about gave all of us one when he announced this.

It was funny to watch that silly old man try to take Christopher down. I have to say that Grandpa W was very entertaining and we all got a good laugh. While I was watching his shananigans, I was thinking how wonderful it is that all my children will remember him and have a lot of funny stories to tell about him after he passes on someday.

Yep, I love my family. I am one lucky gal.

(sorry the second photo is blurry...it was the only one I had with Christopher and Grandpa W from that night)



No comments: