Monday, September 5, 2011

Christopher


This past couple of weeks I have had a couple of
experiences with Christopher. I realize that I don't blog too much about him... I think it is because he is TWENTY-THREE (almost twenty four...when did THAT happen???), married and does not live at home anymore. But, he is one amazing child and I wanted to share a couple of thoughts to be part of my "journal".

About two weeks ago he came to our home one night and burst through the back door saying "Mom? MOM? MOOOOMMMMYYYYY??? Are you home???" I could immediately tell by the tone of his voice that something was wrong. That, and he called me mommy! haha!!!

He had been playing football with some friends a couple of blocks from our house and during one of the plays he did something to his knee. He could barely even walk. As soon as I saw him I thought about the time he had torn his ACL and ripped both of his meniscus' playing basketball while in high school. I hoped it was not that bad...

Thankfully it wasn't. Greg gave him a blessing when he got home and I drove Christopher (he could not drive) home with Josh following to take me home after. It is kind of funny to realize that no mater how old children get, when they are hurt they want their mom. I know I do.

Last Saturday my niece, Eliza Blue (I love just saying her name, it has a ring to it) was baptized. She is the last of all the Williamson cousins to be baptized...strange. Anyway, when she was confirmed, it was so neat to see my family members in the circle. What a blessing to have son who honors their priesthood and shares it. I don't think there is much on this earth that makes me happier than to see my children live righteous lives. Watching Christopher stand there with his hands on her head really touched me. What a great young man he has become and I am sure Heavenly Father is pleased with him as well. I also loved how he helped his grandfather walk up to and back from the circle, steadying him each way. That is love in action and it made me smile.

Lastly, yesterday Christopher helped me with my Sharing Time in Primary. Our theme was about missionary work. I had asked Brett J and Christopher to come in and share some stories from their missions. It is so amazing to me how Heavenly Father has sculpted them into these spiritual leaders. They both did great and it was fun to watch them up there interacting with the children and sharing their experiences and testimonies. It made me realize how blessed we are for having these young men in our lives and what great fathers they will be one day. Thanks for your example, Christopher! Love ya :)




1 comment:

Marja Liisa said...

I did enjoy listening to him in primary yesterday...he did a good job!