Monday, September 26, 2011

The Drive Home Tonight

Today we traveled to Provo to watch Emma play soccer. I just don't get down to Provo very often anymore. Honestly, there really isn't any reason. As we were driving home we passed Jamestown on University Avenue. It made me kind of teary eyed realizing that my Grandma was not there anymore. Actually, she hasn't been there for quite some time, but it still caught me off guard.

We then traveled up the hill into Orem and drove past the nursing home where I saw her for the last time. More misty eyes. Mark and I had gone to visit her that last evening she had on this earth and we even took a picture with her. I still have that picture. It was the last one she was ever in. I can't seem to make myself post it. She looks so frail and gray and that is not how I want myself or my children to remember this vibrant woman.

As we continued to drive, I realized that it has almost been exactly three years since her funeral out in Washington. As that thought came to me, I happened to look out the window of the car and saw the spires of the Timpanogas temple. That sight made me smile. It reminded me that even though she is not on earth with us, one day we will all be together -- forever. THAT will truly be heaven. At that point my misty-eyes were replaced with one large smile and a warm feeling in my heart. I think I had a little taste of heaven in that instant. Can't wait for the entire meal :)

No comments: