Saturday, May 28, 2011

Heading Home


In just a couple of weeks I will be here. Astoria, Oregon will always be home to me and I can't wait to get back and visit.

Emma is leaving for Girl's Camp, Josh and Greg are heading out to southern Utah for the Priest Camp, so I am hitting the road and grabbing my mom and heading west to the coast. We had originally planned this little trip last fall, but when my dad fell, we had to cancel. Hopefully this year we will actually make it. We will be staying right by the bridge on the riverfront. Ahh...I can't wait to hear the fog horns right outside my hotel window from the ships as they pass by.

(In the photo above, you can see Washington state on the top right corner, the famous jetty about half way up the left hand side and the Columbia River as it enters the mouth of the Pacific Ocean on the horizon)

No comments: