Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Just Let Me Vent For A Bit...

Okay...I really just need to murmur for a few minutes and then I will be fine. You know...get it all off my chest. Here goes...

In the past few months I have had the following things stop working around my home: My refrigerator, stove and computer. I finally have the fridge and stove replaced and now we are working on fixing the computer (it is running really slow and has a lot of issues). Just when I think "Finally! Everything is up and working" I get slammed again and this time it is by far the worse kind of punch.

A few days ago I noticed that the driver's side door to my Honda Civic was having trouble unlocking. I did not think too much about it. The next day I noticed that my key to the ignition was not working properly. The key went in, but it had to be persuaded. The day after that, they key would not even go into the ignition...not good. For all you non-mechanical people like me, this means we can't drive the car...my car.

Greg told me he would take care of it and started calling around for the part. The news was not good. $350.00 for the part and another $65.00-$85.00 to have the new keys "flashed" (whatever that means) by the Honda dealership. This does even include possible labor. We then thought "let's call the salvage yards and see if they have any parts". They told us that they cannot even get the parts, we have to go through the dealership. GIVE ME STRENGTH. Can I just say that I have a love/hate relationship with vehicles. I love them when they work, but get very frustrated when there is a problem.

So...my car is sitting in my driveway. Ironically, it is a great little car. Good engine under the hood, but we can't get the key into it to actually prove that. I shudder to think what is next in our path after we get this car fixed. "Come what may and love it"...that seems to be my mantra lately.

Wow...I already feel much better :)

2 comments:

CreatedbyKay said...

I feel your pain, it seems like these things go in sets. I have learned though not to ask what's next...because you find out. Good luck with all of it!

Johnson Family said...

Fridge, Stove, Computer usually they come in 3's. Maybe your car is 3 and the computer is just trying you patience. Joy in the Journey?