Thursday, August 19, 2010

Some Simple Things I Enjoy

Here is a small list of some simple things that I enjoy. At least for the time being. My list is periodically subject to change ;)

1. Keith Urban's song, "I'm In". I LOVE this song. Especially when I find it on the radio in my car while driving with Emma. We turn it up REALLY loud and sing even louder. Fun stuff.

2. Angel Food smoothies found at Smoothie King. I wish I had food fairy to make one magically appear each morning for my breakfast.

3. Finding things to draw. I have actually been carrying my camera in my purse lately in case I find something to stop and photograph for future use. Old fences, building with interesting angles, trees...you name it...I am looking for it. I plan to drop Emma off at school Wednesday morning and drive out to Mount Pleasant to take some photos. I want to go fairly early in the morning while the shadows are still good. Wish me luck!

4. "The Blindside" movie. This is now one of my all time favorite movies. I love the story. I especially love that it is a TRUE story. What a great reminder about the worth of a soul.

5. Cool summer nights in Utah. I love opening up my windows and feeling that great breeze come down the canyon each evening. I will miss this in a few months. Summer in Utah is the best.

6. Family. My dad is flying to Utah tomorrow for a short visit. I am excited! He has not been here in over two years. I am a bit worried about how my children will react when they see how much he has deteriorated. He has gone down hill so much. Mark is flying both ways with him and that is a very good thing. I don't think it would even be possible for my dad to come alone.

My kids are also quite enjoyable :) I love that each of my children call me almost everyday to check in...at least the ones that don't live here anymore.

7. Books. Murder mystery books. Yeah...I know. Not too deep, but I still love them. I have been reading a series by Sue Grafton that I am really beginning to enjoy. They started off kind of slow, but now seem to be getting better. My favorite all time is still Harlan Coben. However, after reading a few I came across some bad language and had to put them down. But the ones that I did finish are some of my favorites. That man can write.

8. Halibut. Any kind, anywhere. I love halibut.

9. Flowers. Once again...any kind, anywhere. I will definitely miss seeing these in a few short months.

Nothing too deep...just some simple things that I love. I wonder what will be on my list next time?

No comments: