Saturday, August 7, 2010

Party Time!!!

Last night my niece, Taylir and some of her friends threw a surprise birthday party for Josh. That got him good and it was great! When Taylir first asked me to have this party at our house she told me that they would probably watch a movie and maybe have some games. I was thinking no big deal.

About 6ish last night Taylir and some of her friends showed up. I knew this was not going to be just a quiet little party when I saw a truck backing into my driveway. Upon closer examination I realized that the back of the truck was full of stuff. Then everything started coming in the house...a giant snow cone maker, coolers full of ice and syrup for the snow cone machine, cotton candy maker, a giant pony (to play ride that pony), skewers, a fire pit (you know...to roast starburst over), bowls of dips, chips and assorted candies, balloons, streamers, horns and party hats a music system...It never seemed to end. These gals obviously had taken hours planning this little shin dig. It was great!

The best part was when Josh finally arrived home. He had been at a Mission Prep Activity with the stake out at Camp Williams and had no idea what was brewing back at home. Some of his friends kept Taylir updated as to their arrival by text messaging. I video taped the actually entrance in the front door where they surprised him, but for some strange reason, I can't seem to upload it. I will have to have Greg take a looky when he gets home. Here are some pictures from the evening:

(Above) Taylir - in the orange, and some of the gals that helped out

The sign that Taylir made.
Mr. Pony even got a hat!
Some of the kids waiting for Josh's arrival
Cotton candy Colton :) He manned the machine and did a great job!
Baily and Ashlynn figuring out the snow cone maker
Jamie with all her hats :)
Emma enjoying some cotton candy
Darrell, Jason and Brad enjoying some of the food...typical boys at the food table!

No comments: