Friday, August 27, 2010

Grandpa's In Town!!!

Every two years my dad has a family reunion with his siblings. This year it is being held in Burlington, Iowa and my dad really wanted to go. So...Mark made arrangements for my dad to fly to Utah with him on one of the legs of his commutes. There was no way dad could have ever made this trip by himself and I am so grateful that Mark was able to help him out. When my dad flies to Iowa he is flying with his brothers and their spouses and he will have plenty of help. He returns on the same flight as Mark next Monday. It all just fell into place.

Some of my children have not seen my dad in a number of years because of his health. We were all excited to have him come for a visit. Since his arrival we have had some fun get-togethers were we do a lot of visiting and couple it with consumption of large amounts of food. Isn't that what family gatherings are all about? Talk and food. I don't think it gets much better than that.

Here are a few photos from a couple of our gatherings. Above is a picture taken at my home just before dinner one night. Jenni and Cordell were working and came later so they are not in this picture.
Christopher, Samantha, Taylir, Cordell and Emma playing a vigorous game of "HORSE".
Sam looks concerned :)
Cordell showing us all his great basketball form.
Jenni and Cordell braiding Emma's hair while we were visiting.
Four generation picture with Tavyn, Keegan, dad, Mark, Brandt and Will.

No comments: