Saturday, November 1, 2008

Boo!

Halloween this year was really relaxed and fun. Emma is our only "legal" trick or treater. Josh is too old, but I suspect that he has a stash of candy down in his room from going house to house last night with his buddies. I used to really enforce the "No Trick or Treating if you are over 12" rule, but I am getting old and tired and figure there are bigger battles to fight.

Emma was a cute little ladybug this year. I was really happy that Jenni found this costume last summer for a deal. I think that it looks really cute and I am happy that she decided to be something adorable and not disgusting-ha!

Emma's school has a parade every year of all the Halloween costumes. Halloween has certainly changed from when I was a kid. We just threw something on the night of the event and went out in search of candy. It is now a major holiday. What ever happened to the simple things? At any rate, Mr. Bezzant (Emma's teacher) made a great Shrek and was a good sport dressing up with all the kids.
This is after the parade with Tara outside her classroom.
Jenni dropped by for lunch and walked in the door with this all over her face. I told her she looked like a clown that escaped the asylum. Freaky. She told me that she did not wear it to work, but her and the guy next to her got bored and he had some face paint in his car. So...they retrieved it and went to work on each other's faces.
This is from the night of Halloween. This is Curtis, Marja and their boys, Braige and Brogan. Curtis looked so stunning in his yellow tights that I had to grab my camera. I told him that I was going to email it straight to Christopher. I am surprised that this picture was not blurry because I was cracking up when I took it. Marja was looking pretty stunning too.
These are our neighbors, the Flicks. Holli braved trick or treating with the kids while John was away at work. Ella was so cute as a lion and I love how Eli is totally snoozing through the whole thing. I wonder who ate his candy...HMMMMMMM.

3 comments:

The Good Gomer Family said...

I LOVE Emma's costume. Her and Taylir should of gotten together for a picture - she was a ladybug too! Your new background looks great!

Kris said...

Emma looks darling! You are actually lucky you still have one young enough to "trick or treat". I loved it when my boys got to go. Now they just leave us alone for the night while they go to Halloween parties.

Suz said...

Marja is my sister in law. She is my favorite! Thanks for posting pics of her so that I could see what she was doing at Halloween. Loven' the Elf!