Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Young Living Farm Fall Festival

We had the opportunity to go to the Young Living Farm Fall Festival last Saturday and had a great time. We had never gone before and did not know what to expect. However, we were all pleasantly surprised. Even Josh and Tara had fun!
The festival is run by BYU students and at one station they were passing out these masks. They had all sorts of activities ranging from trick or treating, hay rides, rock wall climbing, paddle boats, gunny sack races, fishing ponds, ball pits, and many more that I can't think of right now.
This is at the gunny sack races. I am not sure how we did not manage to get any pictures of Josh in this event, but he pretty much smoked everyone on the field. He must be half Kangaroo.
Emma was like a Spider "Girl" climbing up the rock wall. She was incredible. Even the BYU students manning the event were amazed.
Josh tried the rock wall too and did a pretty good job.
Greg decided to give the wall a whirl, but was not quite as successful as Josh and Emma. But he gave a great try :) You can see in the picture below that Emma is schooling him.
This is were Josh's fairy tale dreams came true...he met Cinderella-ha! ( I did not know that Cinderella was a brunette.)
The paddle boats were by far the funnest. Tara and Emma floated around the small pond with ease...
Greg and Josh convinced me to get in back of their boat and lets just say they struggled. I was not sure they would ever get me back to shore. They got away from the dock and then it was all down hill from there. I did not ever think they would be able to get us back. I am not sure what was so difficult about the whole thing, but they really had a hard time. I think that having the weight dispersed unevenly may have been the problem. At any rate, we probably spent about 5 minutes under the bridge with both of them trying to figure out how to get through. I was laughing so hard. Emma finally got on top of the bridge and step by step guided them through and back to the safety of the dock. Maybe she should be a Bar Pilot on the Columbia River!


This is a great picture looking out from the porch where we had dinner. If you look close you can see the barn way in the background. It was really pretty and peaceful there.
They had bronzes of wildlife all around. Tara could not resist jumping on this poor Buck and having me take a picture.
More games...
And finally the trick or treating. It was really a fun afternoon and everyone wants to return next year for a repeat and bring Christopher and Jenni with us.

2 comments:

CaryManda said...

Dawna Mae! You look so pretty in that family photo!!! I love it! I was laughing so hard reading about the paddle boats! Cary asked me if I was going crazy!:) I could just hear you laughing in my head like the good ol' days in the personnel office!!!
I miss yA!

The Good Gomer Family said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!!!!!