Sunday, March 13, 2011

An Answer To My Prayer

This past week has been good. Okay, I will be honest, it started out bad, but it ended really good. I have had a problem that was bugging me for quite a while. It is not something that I will blog about specifically, but lets just say it was draining me. I had a lot of emotions that were taking over and making me rather grumpy. It was beginning to consume my thoughts and at times, I even found myself becoming very angry and hurt. I knew that I should not be angry, but I could not help myself. The more I thought about it, the more hurt and angry I became. At one point, I even found myself in tears. I was not sure how to handle the situation and this past week, my answer came.

I finally had time to open the New Era magazine and found an article that spoke to me. The words jumped off the pages directly into my heart. I knew that it was an answer to my prayer. Don't you just love it when things like that happen?

It was an article about Christ in the temple when He cast out the money changers. It talked about anger and how at times we need to stand up for what is right and how there is such a thing as righteous anger. It did not completely solve my problem, but it did provide me with wise counsel about how I was to handle it. I said a prayer to myself and acted upon the direction I had received. Can I just tell you how wonderful I felt after I acted? Total relief. Like a huge weight had been taken from my shoulders.

My feelings of anger and hurt have dissolved. I feel free. Liberated. How thankful I am for inspiration and words of modern prophets. Aren't we fortunate to have a Heavenly Father who loves each of us enough to calm our troubled hearts and answer humble prayers?

2 comments:

CaryManda said...

Amen.
And, I can't imagine you really angry.
I love ya!

Lunch?
Soon?

Dawna said...

Manda Lou...yes, unfortunatly I do get angry and it is not a pretty sight - ha! I am so ready for a lunch date. When?