Monday, July 26, 2010

What Day Is It?

My Dad called me yesterday. He calls me every Sunday. As soon as I answered he asked me what day it was. I told him Sunday. I then asked him if he went to church. He started laughing and said that he thought it was Saturday and that no, he did not go to church. He actually went out to lunch and had himself a steak and unknowingly broke the Sabbath. He then said, "No wonder the restaurant was so full."

Sadly, his days are starting to run together from lack of a schedule. I guess this is what happens when you get older and are relieved of your responsibilities. I suggested he get a calendar and start crossing off the days. It was then pointed out to me that he would probably forget that he had already crossed off the day and do it again, only to confuse him more. Ha! I love my silly, forgetful, crazy dad. Perhaps he should just call me everyday and I will tell him what day it is. I'm good with that :)

No comments: