Friday, December 4, 2009

Merry Christmas!

These past few weeks I have been noticing that people do not say "Merry Christmas" to each other anymore. What is with that? It has really been bothering me, so I have decided to step on top of my soapbox and voice my concern. So...if you don't want to hear it...stop reading this post :)

When I was little I remember going shopping with my mom during the holiday season and everyone that you would meet in the stores would say "Merry Christmas" or "enjoy your Christmas!" I am sad to report that so far this season, not one person has said this to me without me saying it first. What is happening to Christmas? I feel like people are forgetting the reason for the season. Are people so worried about being politically correct that they just are too scared to say anything at all? I guess what I am asking is that everyone take a minute to remember what we are really celebrating...the birth of our Savior. Next time you are in the grocery store line or out buying presents, please take a little bit of time and wish the person serving you a Merry Christmas. Each time I have done it this year I have been given a smile in return. Please help bring back this lost sentiment. And to everyone reading this post....."MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!"

No comments: