Monday, December 7, 2009

Come What May And Love It

Last night Utah County was hit with the first snow storm of the season. Since then our family has had a crazy 12 hours. Cordell came down last night to join our family and Mark's in having our monthly "Sunday Omelet Night". He drove to downtown SLC and then took the TRAX to 90th south where Jenni picked him up and then came over to Mark's to join us. When it was time for Cordell to return to Salt Lake, Jenni drove him up to his vehicle. When they arrived Cordell realized that he had left his keys at Mark and Lezlie's home.

Now normally that would not be a big deal, but it had started to snow and the drive to Salt Lake was kind of scary according to Jenni. She called me and I then agreed to meet her at 7200 South with the keys. It was 11 pm when I received her call and Greg was already snoozing. I decided to grab Josh to go with me in case I had an accident and needed some moral support. He was more than happy to accompany me when I told him he could sleep in the next morning and go to school late. It took us 50 minutes to arrive there. I had to go between 35-45 mph the entire way. Much of the time I could not even see the lane markings. It was especially dicey around the point of the mountain. We finally connected with Jenni and Cordell and then drove back home arriving back around 12:45 am. Jenni had to still drive Cordell all the way to downtown SLC to retrieve his truck (TRAX was not operating by this time). So...when I got home I stayed up worried about Jenni until she arrived home safely around 1:30 am. That was part one of my crazy 12 hours...

Part two...We woke up to more snow on the ground-bummer. I was going about my normal morning when we received a phone call from Christopher saying that he had totaled his car on the way to work. Fortunately he was fine, but his car was not. He had slid on the icy roads and rear-ended another car. Poor guy...I felt really bad for him. However, he was taking it pretty good and seemed in okay spirits. Sam was on her way to get him and thankfully they have another car to use while they determine what to do.

Here comes part three...

Remember how I let Josh stay home and sleep in this morning? Well I finally dragged him out of bed and told him that if he went out and cleaned off the snow from the car, I would drive him to school. We have had Tara's Saturn here for the past few days. Tara and Austin never drive it and have graciously let us use it here for a third vehicle. Well...Josh went outside and started the car to warm it up while he cleaned it off and then out of habit, locked the door with the keys in the ignition and the motor running. Needless to say, we do not have a spare key at our house :( I called Tara and asked if they were planning to come down this way anytime soon. She told me they were at school and would come by as soon as they finished class in about an hour. She had a spare key in her purse. So...as of this moment, we are waiting for Tara and the spare key and the car is in the driveway running. I wonder when the gas tank will empty...before or after Tara arrives???

Yep...never a dull moment at the Williamson household. All morning I just keep smiling and remembering Elder Wirthlin's talk "Come What May And Love It"...Isn't it a blessing that Heavenly Father created us with the ability to smile?

2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

One day you will look back on this and have a good laugh.

CreatedbyKay said...

Not a fun way to start off the week. I guess one way to look at it is "it's only going to get better from here" good luck!