Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas, Birthday & Omelets





This year Christmas was really nice. We ended up staying home with just our immediate family for most of the day. I love how our family is growing. It is so nice to just relax with each other and enjoy everyone's company. Emma insisted on waking up at 7:00 am to open presents. We have since decided that in years to come we are going to change that somehow. We were thinking of opening gifts on Christmas Eve, but because that is Jenni's birthday, we may have to think of something else. I don't really want her to feel like we are giving her the shaft :) At least we have an entire year to think about it!

I was so relaxed that I did not take many pictures...sorry. I did remember to take my camera to Mark's late that evening for our "Omelet Night/Jenni's Birthday". We have been getting together with Mark and Lel on Fast Sunday evenings to have an "Omelet Night". Mark makes the BEST omelets! During the holidays we thought it would be nice to gather on Christmas evening and just visit in our pj's/sweats and have omelets. I love how laid back our Christmas' have become. It was truly a stress-free day.

In the pictures above you will notice that Jenni does not have a traditional birthday cake. She doesn't really like cake and requested that I make her a giant sugar cookie...so she is blowing out candles on her cookie :) She turned the great age of 21 this year..."old enough to know right from wrong, but still young enough to resist it" (I saw that saying and loved it!) Let's hope that is not the case :)

You will also see Greg chillin' in the recliner watching football, Emma cross-eyed posing for the camera (not sure what that was about)and "Markie Stewart" in the kitchen preparing our delicious meal.

No comments: