Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Some Good Things About Snow...


1. I can burn lots of calories shoveling snow for 1 1/2 hours at a time! My friend, Krissy, pointed out that you can also get some "ripped abs".

2. Young children can go outside and get rid of all the extra energy they seem to get in the winter months. I love watching them sled on the hill across the street at Evergreen Park. Emma has spent almost everyday there for the past month.

3. You see the kindness of neighbors helping each other with the shoveling of sidewalks and driveways. I can't tell you how many times I have seen the young men in our neighborhood shoveling snow for a single lady, widowed man or just because they want to help someone. It really warms your heart :)

4. It helps us maintain our water levels in our reservoirs. If we did not have the snow, we would be facing drought conditions in the spring and summer seasons.

5. Gives us a great excuse to consume large quantities of hot chocolate. Need I say more?

6. It reminds us of our Heavenly Father and the beauty of the earth in any season. Winter is typically not my families' favorite month (however, I love it). They complain that it is cold and they want spring to come quickly. Yet if they take the time, they can see that there is always beauty. Isn't it wonderful that our Heavenly Father was so thoughtful as to create beauty in every season? The trick is just to find the beauty and have gratitude for it.




4 comments:

Elyse said...

#7- it makes you appreciate summer that much more and vice versa. As soon as you get sick of the heat, it gets cold. And and soon and you get sick of it being cold, it gets warm again. It's great having four seasons!
#8- there's nothing like a white Christmas. Christmas without snow wouldn't be Christmas at all

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

Well put! I couldn't agree with you more!! Great pictures.

CaryManda said...

Dawna Mae! I love reading your posts! Where do you live? That hill looks fabulous and I want to bring my girls! :)

Kris said...

I agree 100%!!