Friday, January 9, 2009

Jenni's Room

This may seem like a strange post, but I promised Jenni that I would put some pictures of her new room on here. Jenni moved out of last Octoberish. It was time for her to move on and experience life on her "own" a little bit. She was very excited at the prospect of having her own room. Although we miss her very much, it has been a good thing.

She decorated and coordinated everything in her new room and I think that she did a pretty good job! The headboard was actually my Grandma's and used to be a light oak. Jenni sanded all the furniture down and painted everything black and then sealed them all. I forgot to take a picture of her dresser. That actually used to be her cousin, Samantha's. Samantha passed away 16 years ago when she was two years old. I am not sure why, but we have had that dresser in our garage for a long time. Jenni discovered it and has made it look brand new. All the furniture in her room was given to her and she refinished it and all the bedding and decorations she found for a steal. I am kind of proud that she has finally figured out that you never pay full price for anything.

When I visited her for the first time, I was amazed at how clean her room was. When she lived at home, that was certainly not the case. She used to drive me crazy. Maybe all that nagging actually paid off :) I took the picture of the closet just to have evidence that she knows how to organize things. It makes a mother proud!!!

5 comments:

Kris said...

What a darling room. Fantastic job on the furniture. It looks brand new. I am totally impressed with how clean and organized it is. Maybe she can show my boys how to do that.

CaryManda said...

I LOVE it!!

and the organization.....certainly her mother's daughter! ;)

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

Way to go Jenni!!! Will you come do my room now?? I love how beautifully coordinated everything is. I love your bedding. Where are you living now?? Dawna, you're such a wonderful mom. You have amazing children.

Elyse said...

ooh I love that bedspread!
Its so exciting (and scary!) getting to live on your own for the first time... what a fun time in life for her :)

Erin said...

Can she come over to my house? My bedroom and closet both need help :)