Tuesday, October 7, 2008

This Is A Slug


This is a slug...isn't it gross??? While making the apple cider I noticed this little dude slithering around. I had forgotten about these little critters. You can find them everywhere in the northwest and this one is actually quite small. Some you can find about the size of a large pickle and they are kind of a mustard colored. Those are the truly disgusting ones. When Dayna and I were little we used to take salt shakers around the yard and sprinkle these tiny monsters. When you put salt on them they shrivel up. I can't believe we used to do that!

While in Seaside last month, Dayna and I were on a mission to find me a "Slug Magnet" for my fridge. No luck. If anyone knows where I can find one, please let me know!

3 comments:

Kortney said...

I miss those little slimy things. Brandt and I used to play with them when we were little. I guess we didn't mind the slime that you could never quite get off your fingers...

Kelsey said...

We got home late a few nights ago and Dylan, our neighbor, knocked on the door as soon as he saw our lights on to show Boyd all the slugs. Gross. And I love your Halloween template - very festive!

Elyse said...

eeeewwww!!!!